A month ago I had virtually nothing on my artistic schedule for this Fall, and very few opportunities on the books down the road.
In the past few weeks that has all changed:
- I’m currently producing and directing short-story adaptations for a late-night show for Balance Theatre Project to perform in less than one month from now. I have a killer cast and a jigsaw of a rehearsal schedule that may also kill (me).
- We had our first read-thru of the production, when we gathered in the attic playroom of a historic mansion
- I got cast in and have already shot a mini-short film (is that a category?)
- I had a fun audition for a new (to me) company and new (to me) director, where the talent and creds are high, and have snagged a call back for it to be done sometime in the next week or so
- I had an audition for a feature-length film (a paid feature length indie film = a rarity) and have a callback in the next week or so
- I was invited to audition for another show for another (new to me) company with a really cool script, and which also happens in the next week or so
Those bottom 3 items will likely all conflict and I may have to make some choices of my own. That is if the rain keeps falling.